Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oranges...

Oranges by Bill Gekas

This idea actually started out as a still life shot of oranges but I kept building the set and idea up to the point it had to become a creative portrait with a bag of oranges. I used two rf triggered manual speedlights, a white reflector and killed off all contaminating ambient with max shutter sync.
One speedlight with a 40 degree gridspot was placed on background top right pointing down to create a shaft of light in that negative space behind. A second speedlight as the key in my Westcott apollo 28" softbox camera right slightly forward and a white reflector placed cam left just to open the shadows a little.
Out of about 40 or so raw files I narrowed it down to 8 potentials with this particular one being my selection to work with.

Oranges lighting diagram