Wednesday, July 04, 2012

SILVER! PX3 Paris 2012...

'Pears' Silver award at PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris 2012

Totally unexpected! From such a reputable and competitive competition competing against many of my esteemed peers in the international scene I honestly thought i'd come away with an honorable mention at best!
But absolutely honored to have come 2nd place with a silver award in the childrens portraiture category. The Prix De La Photographie or PX3 as many know it attracts thousands of entries from over 85 countries every year and is juried by some of the most respected art directors and curators in the photography scene.
This year it was great to see many of my 1x.com peers as top three finalists in the other categories and just re-affirms my position on the quality of works published on 1x.com on a daily basis.

Even though I shoot primarily for myself I find that regularly entering reputable competitions such as PX3 are great in advancing my own self development in the craft. As easy as what it is to impress family, friends and clients my mantra has been if it impresses your peers and those whose work you respect then it's bound to impress the most discerning of potential clients.

My silver awarded image 'Pears' along with the other gold, silver and bronze finalists works will be exhibited from 10th July 2012 at the Paris gallery 'Espace Dupon' 74 rue Joseph de Maistre - 75018 Paris.
Unfortunately PX3 don't provide a return airfare ticket Melbourne to Paris and due to my current hectic commitments I can only be at the opening night in spirit! Maybe next year!