Tuesday, August 14, 2012

GOLD! Creative Asia Awards 2012...

1st place in Open Portrait category and 2nd place Creative Asia
Portrait Photographer Of the Year 2012!

A few months back I entered some of my work in the Creative Asia Awards which is part of the Creative Asia Photography Conference which this year was held in Hong Kong. Happy to see my six entered images score silvers and a couple of bronze awards during the first round of judging.
Two of my images made it into the top 25 final judging round which were then judged by some of the top names in the photography world, Joe McNally, Robert Earp, Michael Greenberg, Mike Langford, Zack Arias etc. I was watching the final judging via live web streaming and my image 'Pleiadian' scored a Gold being the highest award in the open portrait category!
From the combined open and environmental portraiture categories it came 2nd place Creative Asia Portrait Photographer Of The Year!
Considering the elite names in the final judging panel and the competition involved from many respected photographers in the scene i'm pleased with my end result.

The Creative Asia Awards 2012 had a total of 1730 images entered by 438 photographers from 47 countries!

'Pleiadian'
Creative Asia Awards 2012 Gold awarded image.
1st place open portrait category,
2nd place Creative Asia Portrait Photographer Of  The Year 2012