Thursday, July 03, 2014

GOLD! PX3 Paris 2014...

'Laundrette' Gold award at PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris 2014

Some great news this week! Judging has just been completed in the internationally acclaimed awards 'PX3 - Prix De La Photographie Paris 2014' and the images I submitted in the professional section of the portrait category came away with gold and silver awards. My recent image 'Laundrette' scoring the gold award.
Considering the huge international participation from over 85 countries and thousands of entries from some of the most respected names in the industry participating i'm truly honoured! Congratulations to all the other awarded entrants.

Now those that are connected to me through social media and other avenues also know my stance on awards. For me personally they're like the icing on the cake, the bonus in it all. The real award is the time we spend together as a family getting creative once in a while and having some fun, moments we'll always remember.

For those interested in the technicals, here's the 'lighting setup' from the gold awarded image 'Laundrette' which I published shortly after I made the image earlier this year.