Thursday, June 30, 2016

GOLD! PX3 Paris 2016...

'Sanday' Gold award at PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris 2016

Waking up in the morning with good news that eventuated on the other side of the planet whilst you're sleeping is a surefire way to get you out of the right side of the bed in the morning!
Honoured to have found out that my photograph 'Sanday' received a first place gold award in the professional childrens portrait category in the prestigious '2016 PX3 (Prix de la Photographie Paris 2016)' international awards!
Last year I received a second place silver award for my photo 'Silverleaves' and the year before that in 2014 a first place gold award for my photo 'Laundrette', so i've had a good run with the PX3 awards since 2014!
However this year's award is a bit more special to me. This photo of my daughter happens to be one of my favourite pieces from my whole body of work. It has something surreal about it that I haven't been able to put into words, i've always wanted to do my own interpretation of the Mona Lisa, perhaps this is it, I don't really know, but ever since taking this photo i've been in no rush to do it.

Earlier this year this photo was also selected to be a part of the Fujifilm X-World gallery exhibition in Tokyo Japan during the official X-Pro2 announcement.

'Sanday' on exhibit during the Fujifilm X-World gallery in Tokyo Japan earlier this year.
Photo courtesy of David Hobby.

For those interested in the technicals, the awarded photograph was taken using an off camera speedlight through a shoot thru umbrella synced at 1/1000s with the Fujifilm X100S' camera lens wide open at f2 whilst we spent a few days down the coast having some family time off.